Michelin star chef Steve Drake to leave Drake’s restaurant in Ripley
- Credit: Archant
It’s the end of an era in Ripley, where two time Surrey Life Food & Drink Awards chef of the year Steve Drake is to leave his eponymous Michelin starred Drake’s restaurant later this month.
Having long set the standards in the Surrey dining scene, Steve and his team’s creativity and flair for spectacular cooking and presentation have seen the restaurant awarded a Michelin star every year since 2005.
“Thank you to all the wonderful and incredibly talented staff, all our loyal customers and not forgetting the amazing suppliers who have provided such excellent produce over the years,” says Steve, as he looks forward to his final few weeks at the restaurant.
Formerly of Drakes on the Pond in Abinger Hammer and winner of the Roux Scholarship in 2001, Steve continues with his ownership of The Anchor pub across the road, where chef Michael Wall-Palmer leads the kitchen. For now, there are no fixed plans and he is keeping his eyes open for new opportunities and challenges.
While Steve may be the leaving the establishment, which is housed in a beautiful Georgian building, Drake’s restaurant will live on under a new name.
We look forward to seeing what the future holds for one of Surrey’s most exciting chefs and restaurants, as they take their new paths…
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 4 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 9 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 10 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons