New rose gin from Boadicea
- Credit: Archant
Boadicea Gin is pink with pleasure at the arrival of its newest offering: Rosa gin
Matt and Steph Brown, founders of the firm behind Boadicea Gin and Wild Knight vodka, are pink with pleasure at the arrival of their newest offering; Rosa gin. Boadicea Gin Rosa is distilled from Royal Norfolk barley, just like its distinctly blue-bottled counterpart.
But Gin Rosa is distilled with cherry and peach in a large copper pot still, creating a subtle fruit flavour, but with juniper to the fore.
Why Rosa? Matt and Steph say that they took time to study the language of the Iceni Tribe. Discovering its origins, they settled on Rosa as the Iceni for pink.
“We have frosted our bottles to show off the beautiful pink hue of Rosa to perfection,” says Steph.
Meanwhile Roudham distillery The English Whisky Company has released The English – Virgin Oak from their small batch, single malt range; with only 2,689 bottles to go around the whole world, it’s not
going to be in everyone’s drinks cabinet.
- 1 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 2 12 best Devon Christmas markets for 2021
- 3 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 4 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 5 Magical Christmas markets in Suffolk 2021
- 6 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 7 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 8 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
- 9 Timothée Chalamet seen in Bath filming Willy Wonka prequel
- 10 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
The English – Virgin Oak has spent its entire life maturing in virgin oak casks made from American white oak. The resulting whisky borrows heavily from the casks that held it and delivers a rich and spicy malt that captures oak’s signature nods to vanilla, chocolate, toffee and spices and finishes with a warm, lingering heat, says EWC.