Old Vodka’s new fruit flavours
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Glass of Herts: Laura Vickers’ pick of the county’s drinks
A vodka producer from Ardeley near Stevenage has released two new flavours just in time to keep out the chill. The fruity additions, strawberry and passionfruit, join the triple-filtered Old Vodka and its four existing flavoured varieties - lemon, tarragon, honey and the very popular caramel.
Georgia-born Merab Salamashvili has been producing Old Vodka at Church Farm since 2014, and he puts his success down to both his family’s 200-year-old recipe and the farm’s fresh spring water. Over the past year word has spread about his creations and they are now sold by a wide range of restaurants, pubs and shops across the county, including On The Green in Stevenage and Cambridge Wine in Royston, as well as being available to buy on Amazon.
Speaking of his latest double release, he said, ‘I chose these new flavours because people at food festivals are always asking me lots of questions about what’s next – and they loved the idea of my vodka flavoured with strawberry and passion fruit.’
Like the other flavours in Old Vodka’s range, the new drinks are wonderfully fresh and vibrant, with a juicy fruit flavour and a decidedly sippable quality. They’re available for sale, priced at £25 for a 70cl bottle and £20 for 50cl.
For those who just can’t choose which flavour to take home, Merab has also launched a new range of taster gift packs, featuring five 50ml mini-bottles, in time for the Christmas markets.
Readers can buy a gift pack at a special introductory price of £20 – a £5 saving – by contacting Old Vodka via the website oldvodka.co.uk and quoting ‘Hertfordshire Life’.
- 1 Win a holiday for two on the Isles of Scilly
- 2 12 of the best places to eat al fresco in Yorkshire
- 3 Sussex pubs with beer gardens to visit this summer
- 4 16 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 7 Great pubs with pretty beer gardens in Kent
- 8 Win a selection of Provence Rose wine
- 9 10 pubs with pretty beer gardens in Canterbury
- 10 21 of the best places to eat al fresco in Hampshire