Partridge and Grouse Pie recipe
- Credit: Archant
Try this fast food version of game pie which can be made in double quick time if you buy ready prepared short crust pastry
TOP TIP Use oven ready grouse and partridge
Breasts of two grouse
Breasts of two partridge
1 Spanish onion peeled and chopped
- 1 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 2 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 3 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 4 A positive outlook for the housing market for 2021
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 18 of the best lockdown takeaways across Yorkshire
- 7 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 8 Why Ashbourne needs to be your next family outing
- 9 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 10 The ultimate 5-day walk: Along the Derwent Valley Way
4 cloves of garlic peeled and chopped
4 carrots washed, peeled and chopped
2 leeks washed, peeled and chopped
1 large glass of sweet sherry
2 pints of chicken stock
1 jelly chicken stock cube
1 tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp redcurrant jelly
Simmer grouse and partridge breasts in chicken stock for three minutes then roast at 180 degrees for three minutes.
Rest the meat for three minutes.
Carve the meat and place in four single pie dishes.
Add the filling ingredients.
Top with pastry.
Bake at 180 degrees for 25 minutes
Short crust pastry
480g plain flour
240g salted butter diced
1 large free range egg
Splash of cold water to bind
Rub together plain flour and diced butter until it looks like sand.
Mix in the beaten egg.
Use a splash of cold water and bring pastry together in a ball.
Rest the pastry in the ‘fridge for 30 minutes.
Roll out pastry to place on top of the pie dishes.