Brewery says order our beer at home...and still help your local pub!
- Credit: Archant
New scheme will divert part of profits from sales to helping local boozers
A Devon brewery is urging customers to buy its beer for home delivery during Lockdown 2...whilst at the same time supporting their local pub.
Hanlons Brewery has launched its ‘Love Your Local’ scheme under which anyone buying beer from the firm’s website will be able to say ‘have one for yourself’ to their local pub via a unique code. In return Hanlons will donate 10% of the sales price of any goods straight to the pub itself.
Dan Taylor, owner of Hanlons, explains: “Recent events have proved to be a uniquely challenging experience for the UK’s hospitality sector and in particular the pubs which make up a huge part of our national life.
“As well as providing jobs for millions of people, contributing greatly to the economic success of our country and giving customers a respite from the stresses of modern life, pubs also offer something less tangible but just as vital.
READ MORE: South Hams brewery releasing 500th beer
“Pubs provide communities containing people from all walks of life with a focal point, a constant, an extension of their own home. An identity.
“It is unfortunate that under current circumstances it is difficult for everyone to visit their local in person and therefore we at Hanlons are offering a unique, ‘virtual pub’ experience to our online customers.
“In this spirit, we have been racking our brains in order to come up with a way of offering some support to our friends in the trade during this difficult time and have devised a scheme which we call ‘Love Your Local’.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 7 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 8 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
“We, like everyone else, hope that we can all get back to the hustle and bustle of a packed pub soon. Nothing compares to buzz of a Saturday evening in your local whilst enjoying a pint of Yellow Hammer (or two!) but until things return to normal, we would like to help our fantastic industry in any way we can.
“Anyone else who wants to raise a glass and say ‘have one for yourself’ to any participating pub can do so by logging onto Hanlons’ website and showing some love for their local!”
Join our Facebook group to keep up to date with the latest news, events and people in Devon