Recipe: fluffy oat pancakes with sour cream and chives
- Credit: tina richardson
Humble Herb’s latest recipe is for fluffy oat pancakes with sour cream and chives
Makes 6-8 pancakes
3 tbsp chopped chives
200g rolled oats
200ml soya milk
1 pinch salt
- 1 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 2 Win a luxury Christmas hamper worth £250 from Bakers & Larners of Holt
- 3 Win a theatre break in Manchester to see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- 4 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 5 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 6 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 7 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
- 8 Win a £5000 staycation in Cornwall
- 9 Lancashire Recipes - Butter Pie
- 10 The 11 best Christmas markets in Somerset 2021
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
50g sour cream
2-3 tbsp olive oil
Prep: 5-10 mins. Cook: 1-2 mins
In a blender, blitz the rolled oats until they are a flour consistency.
Add to the ground oats, bicarbonate of soda, a tablespoon of sour cream and the egg and blitz again for a minute.
Add the soya milk, salt and two tablespoons of chopped chives to the mix, then blitz for a further minute.
Pour the batter into a jug for easy pouring.
On a medium heat, heat the oil in a shallow non-stick frying pan until the it starts smoking slightly, then pour two to three tablespoons of batter into the pan.
Cook the pancakes for one to two minutes on each side until golden brown.
Mix the remainder of the chives into the sour cream and serve with the pancakes.
Recipe by Tina Richardson, Stanstead Abbotts author of a Cook’s Guide to Herbs