5 alternative pancake recipes
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
If you’re looking for something more than the usual sugar and lemon on your pancakes this Shrove Tuesday, we’ve found some tasty alternative recipes for you.
Blueberry superfood pancakes with goji berries and coffee
Looking for a dairy-free, gluten-free pancake recipe? You’re not alone… Check out this recipe for blueberry superfood pancakes with goji berries and coffee.
Strawberry, Toasted Almond and Caramel Pancakes
For those with a sweet tooth, this is ideal for dessert, the strawberry, caramel and yoghurt topping is also delicious on toasted waffles or slices of Madeira cake.
- 1 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 2 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 3 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 4 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 5 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 Why presentation is so important when selling a home
- 8 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District
- 9 Why the Yorkshire flat cap has returned back into fashion
- 10 Why are extra-curricular activities so important?
Fluffy American Pancakes
Our American friends prefer a thicker, fluffier recipe for their pancakes and the most famous combination is maple syrup and crispy bacon (it does work).
Oatcakes are very much an East Midlands speciality, Derbyshire oatcakes are a cross between a crumpet and a pancake - round, soft, pliable and thicker than the nearby Staffordshire version. Try something different for Shrove Tuesday with this Derbyshire oatcakes recipe.
Havercake, the slightly-leavened bread eaten by the labouring classes of East Lancashire are perfectly satisfying with a lashing of butter or a dollop of zesty marmalade.