Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff recipe
- Credit: Archant
450g sirloin steak, trimmed and cut into thin strips
2 onions, thinly sliced
2-3 tbsp brandy
- 1 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 2 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 3 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 4 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 5 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 Why presentation is so important when selling a home
- 8 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District
- 9 Why the Yorkshire flat cap has returned back into fashion
- 10 A positive outlook for the housing market for 2021
A good splash of Worcester sauce
Juice of half a lemon
75ml beef stock
250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
150g shitake or oyster mushrooms, de-stalked and finely sliced
2-3 tsp paprika pepper
300ml soured cream
Handful of flat leaf parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat a heavy bottomed frying pan, add a splash of olive oil and then add the strips of meat and cook until lightly browned for about 5 minutes.
Remove the beef onto a plate. Add the butter to the pan, and gently fry the onions until softened. Then add the meat back into the pan.
Pour in the Brandy, Worcester sauce, lemon juice and a little of the stock. Season to taste.
Next add the mushrooms and paprika and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes.
Check to see if the beef is cooked through. If not, top up with a little extra of the stock and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Stir in the soured cream and simmer gently for 3-4 minutes. Then add the parsley. Serve with fluffy rice.