Breaded Pheasant Nuggets recipe
- Credit: Archant
A quick feast for all the family
4 breasts of pheasant
2 tbsp olive oil
50g salted butter
2 eggs beaten
- 1 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 2 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 3 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 4 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 5 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 Why presentation is so important when selling a home
- 8 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District
- 9 Why the Yorkshire flat cap has returned back into fashion
- 10 A positive outlook for the housing market for 2021
4 tbsp plain flour
50g fresh breadcrumbs
Cut meat into chunky nuggets (about six for each breast).
Lightly season the chunks of pheasant with salt and pepper.
Place nuggets in flour and cover thoroughly.
Shake off excess flour and place nuggets in beaten egg. Cover thoroughly.
Dip nuggets into breadcrumbs making sure to cover thoroughly.
Pour two tablespoons of olive oil in frying pan. Note: Don’t allow the pan to become too hot or the nuggets will burn and may not be cooked through.
Turn the nuggets after about a minute and a half.
Add 50g of butter to the pan which will start to foam. It will give the nuggets a lovely golden colour and add flavour. Don’t add the butter too soon or it will burn.
Check the meat is cooked through and then turn nuggets on to kitchen paper to drain off excess oil and butter and then serve.