Broccoli rigoletti recipe
- Credit: Archant
This purple sprouting broccoli rigoletti is the perfect Wednesday night dinner
Ingredients (Serves 4)
• 400g dried rigoletti pasta
• 350g purple sprouting broccoli
• 4 tbsp cold pressed rapeseed oil
• 80g anchovy fillets in oil
• 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 5 of the best cycle cafés in Lancashire
- 2 A haunting Cotswolds memoir of growing up in a ménage à trois in the 1950s
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 5 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 7 scenic coastal walks to try in Somerset (with cafes on the way)
- 8 The best places to visit on a short break in Glossop
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 See inside this £1.5 million modern property in the Oxfordshire Cotswolds
• A big pinch of chilli flakes
• A chunk of Old Winchester cheese
1 Fill a very large saucepan with water and add a tablespoon of salt. Cover and set over a high heat.
2 While the pasta water is heating, cut the broccoli into short lengths and set aside, then measure the rapeseed oil, anchovies and their oil, garlic and chilli flakes into a large sauté pan.
3 When the water starts boiling vigorously, add the pasta and cook for 6 minutes. As soon as the pasta goes in, set the sauté pan over a medium heat.
4 Break up the anchovy fillets with a wooden spoon to help them disintegrate into the oil and keep the garlic moving to stop it from colouring too much. After 2 minutes, add the broccoli and sauté for 2 minutes. Add a small ladleful of water from the pasta pan and continue to sauté for another minute or two until both the pasta and broccoli are cooked al dente.
5 Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the water, then add it to the sauté pan and toss to coat in the garlicky oil. If the mixture looks too dry, add a splash of the reserved pasta water and shake the pan to emulsify.
6 Divide the pasta between four warm bowls then use a vegetable peeler to shave over the Old Winchester. Season with black pepper and serve immediately.
Find it in Hampshire
• Rigoletti pasta - Bookham and Harrison available from Farmers’ Markets; bookhams.com
• Purple sprouting broccoli - Sopley Salads, New Forest, 01425 672451; dantanners.co.uk/sopley-farm
• Garlic - The Garlic Farm, Isle of Wight, 01983 868732; thegarlicfarm.co.uk
• Best places for international cuisine in Hampshire - Taste authentic fare from a huge range of nations without ever stepping foot on a plane…Alice Cooke brings you her pick of the best.
• Best places for food on the go in Hampshire - As much as we’d all love to dine out every night of the week, there isn’t always the time, so this month we’ve compiled our favourite local places that offer great food for you to enjoy in the comfort of your own home.