Christmas Recipes - Cholmondeley Pheasant with celeriac potato cake & a winter berry jus
Cholmondeley Pheasant with celeriac potato cake, creamed savoy & a winter berry jus recipe provided by Residence Restaurant & Bar
Cholmondeley Pheasant with celeriac potato cake, creamed savoy & a winter berry jus
Recipe: Half a Pheasant, plucked and skinned.
Remove Breast and thigh. Cook remaining bird in the oven at 180’c for 15/20 mins. In the mean-time confit thigh in veg oil at 120’c for 30 mins.
To cook the breast- pan fry in a hot pan with a little oil, Season well with S&P, for 3/4 mins, de-glaze with butter.
Shred meat from remaining bird and add bones on to boil with root veg, good red wine and garden herbs for stock. Add thyme, seasoning and orange rind to shredded meat then leave in the fridge for 10 mins.
Once cooled roll into balls and flour, egg wash and panko breadcrumbs. To cook just shallow fry in oil for 3/4 mins until golden brown.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 4 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 9 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 10 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
Celeriac potato cake: Finely slice a whole celeriac and equal measure of Maris Piper potatoes, layer with sprinkles of rosemary and butter, season well, line dish with greaseproof and oven bake at 180’c for 30 mins.
Creamed savoy: Sliced savoy cabbage, cook in a pan with reduced double cream and a good pinch of nutmeg, season well, once tender serve immediately.
Winter Berry Jus: Add corn flour to the dish from the whole bird then shake over heat before adding the red wine stock sieved from bones and herbs, reduce, season, add winter berries from the garden at the end and taste all the way!
Residence Restaurant & Bar9 Mill Street, NantwichCheshire CW5 5ST01270 629100www.residence.uk.com