Christmas Recipes - Rice Pudding & stewed winter fruits, The Bells of Peover
Rice Pudding & stewed winter fruits recipe provided by The Bells of Peover
Rice Pudding & stewed winter fruits
For the rice pudding
Ingredients300ml whole milk & 300ml double cream50g caster sugar & 1 vanilla pod100g Arborio rice
MethodBoil milk, cream & sugar and add rice to the boiling liquid. Add vanilla pod and cover with a cartouche and cook at 150� in the oven for 40min.
For the stewed winter fruit
313g of caster sugar & 250ml of waterUnripe winter fruits, pears, apples, plums, figs.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 4 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 9 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 10 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
MethodBring the sugar and water to boil to dissolve the sugar.
Once dissolved and turned into syrup like consistency add the unripe fruit of your choice (has to be unripe) and poach gently in the stock syrup until becoming soft.
To add flavour you can put in star anise, cinnamon stick or vanilla pod together with fruit. Portion the rice into bowls, add the stewed fruit on top and drizzle some of the syrup over it.
The Bells of Peover, The Cobbles,Lower Peover, Knutsford WA16 9PZTel: 01565 722269Email: email@example.com