Crispy Mushroom Tart recipe
- Credit: Archant
This is a great lunch or supper dish and can be made using a variety of different mushrooms.
250g puff pastry, approx 1/3 cm thick
250g wild mushrooms, chestnut or button mushrooms or ceps
1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 2 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 3 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 4 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 5 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 Why presentation is so important when selling a home
- 8 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District
- 9 Why the Yorkshire flat cap has returned back into fashion
- 10 A positive outlook for the housing market for 2021
150ml double cream
2 tbsp flat leaf parsley
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pre heat oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
Cut the pastry into two rectangles, approx 14cm x 11cm. With the point of a sharp knife, make a gentle incision into the pastry and create a 2cm border, right round the pastry rectangle.
Criss-cross the border with the point of your knife to make a trellis pattern. Gently prick the centre panel of the pastry with a fork; this stops it rising too much.
Carefully place the pastry rectangles on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until well-risen and golden brown. About 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time gently press the centre panel down once again with a knife.
Meanwhile, prepare the mushrooms. Depending on which type you are using, cut them into even sized pieces.
Heat a frying pan, melt the butter and gently cook the onions until softened. Season with coarsely ground black pepper and sea salt.
Add the mushrooms and continue to cook.
When the mushrooms are ready, gently pour in the cream and simmer until the sauce thickens and begins to coat the mushrooms. Throw in the parsley and place the pastry tarts on a serving platter. The central panel will form a base for the mushroom filling.
Divide the creamy mushrooms between the tart cases and serve immediately.