Recipe: How to make fresh egg pasta tortellini
- Credit: Archant
Luke Stuart of WhitePepper Chef Academy shares his step-by-step guide to making tortellini
This is the basic recipe for fresh egg pasta, which I then make into tortellini. I have suggested a ricotta filling in this recipe, but you can create your own filling. Follow my step-by-step guide to making the tortellini by clicking on the video below.
240g strong flour
- 1 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 2 Afternoon tea deliveries in the Cotswolds
- 3 Afternoon tea delivery in Suffolk
- 4 Cotswolds festival The Big Feastival 2021 line up announced
- 5 10 things you probably didn't know about Blackpool
- 6 Celebrate the famous women born in Devon and Dorset this International Women’s Day
- 7 Adventure Cinema announces Essex locations for alfresco summer screenings
- 8 Photography focus: 5 stunning Yorkshire Dales landscapes
- 9 Take a tour of Cornwall’s picturesque harbours
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
A little extra egg white
1. Place the pasta ingredients into a food processor and blend until thoroughly mixed.
2. Empty onto a clean work surface and bring together to form a reasonably dry dough.
3. Wrap and rest the dough for at least 30 minutes.
4. Once rested, use a pasta machine to roll the pasta thinly (if you don’t have a pasta machine use a long rolling pin).
5 Make large tortellini by cutting 8.5cm discs.
6. Pipe or spoon the filling onto each disc just off-centre (see suggested filling recipe).
7. Brush a little egg white around the edge of each disc, then fold the pasta disc in half to encase the filling, don’t overfill. Carefully remove any air pockets, before pinching the two-pointed ends together with your fingers
50g parmesan, grated
¼ lemon, zest
3 large basil leaves, shredded
sea salt & ground pepper
Method: Mix together the cheeses, lemon and basil, season generously with salt and pepper. Place into a piping bag or spoon directly onto the prepared pasta discs.