Giant Wild Rice Medley Recipe
- Credit: Archant
The nuttiness and texture from the Giant Wild Rice needs something with similar properties from the spice world - and that something has to be mustard seeds.
Texturally they are a match and more importantly in terms of flavour they are ideal - their rounded almost bitter flavour ideal with the rice but a gorgeous contrast to the smooth mellowness of the lentils.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
125g Tilda Giant Wild Rice
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 Al fresco dining in Cornwall: 9 of the best places to go
4 sea bass fillets
100g split yellow peas
6 tablespoons olive oil
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Handful of chopped parsley
2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard (or Dijon)
1 clove crush garlic
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
In a pan of boiling water add the yellow split peas and the Tilda Giant Wild Rice and cook at a simmer for 40 mins then drain the excess water off.
In separate bowl add olive oil and the lemon zest and juice, crushed garlic, salt and pepper and whisk to make a dressing then add the rice and lentils. Add the parsley and mix well.
Pan fry the sea bass for approx. 10 minutes, season to taste.
Tilda® is releasing the first ever Rice & Spice Pairing Guide in partnership with spice expert and MasterChef winner Dhruv Baker. Launching this October to celebrate Diwali, the guide has been designed to help people understand the complex characteristics of rice and discover the perfect mealtime pairings.
Visit www.tilda.com/riceandspice to download the Tilda® Rice and Spice Guide