Hot chocolate fondant
- Credit: sub
The alternative menu: Sam Moody is Executive Head Chef at The Bath Priory. Here he has come up with something a little different for Christmas Day.
• 115g 70% chocolate
• 110g unsalted butter
• 90g caster sugar
- 1 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 4 Win a watercolour painting of Wat Tyler Country Park by artist James Merriott
- 5 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 6 Are you ready for the greatest show this summer?
- 7 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 8 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 9 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 10 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
• 105g egg whites
• 50g plain flour
• 5g toasted ground sichuan
Passion fruit sorbet:
• 500g of seeded passion fruit
• 200g stock syrup
1. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl over a ban-marie, whisk in the sugar and then the egg whites and fold in the flour.
2. Line 55mm rings with silicone paper, pipe 50g of the mix into the ring, refrigerate.
3. Pre heat the oven to 200°C, sprinkling the tops of the fondant with sichuan pepper, then cook for 6-8 minutes turning after 3 mins.
4. The fondant should be crisp on the outside and soft and gooey in the middle.
Passion fruit sorbet
1. Bring ingredients to the simmer, lightly blitz, pass though a chinoise.
2. Cool and churn.