How to make Instagram worthy ramen
- Credit: Archant
Luke Stuart, founder of the award-winning WhitePepper Chef Academy & Cookery School at Lytchett Matravers shows you how to make ramen
LET’S MAKE RAMEN...
Once a humble Japanese worker’s meal, this delicious, nutritious and easy to make dish has since exploded in popularity across the likes of Instagram. Join me in my virtual kitchen to cook along with me in my step-by step cookery video, click on the link below.
2 medium eggs
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 3 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 4 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 5 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 Win a watercolour painting of The Matchings by artist James Merriott
- 8 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 9 13 delicious afternoon teas to try in Somerset
- 10 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich
1 tbsp root ginger
1 tbsp soy sauce
60g shitake mushrooms
440ml good quality brown chicken stock
55g wholewheat noodles
1 red chilli
1 spring onion
Sprig coriander (optional)
1. Place the two eggs in a pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and time for 4 minutes, then refresh in water (iced) until cold. Peel and cut lengthwise to divide into two. The centres should be set but still soft.
2. Prepare the vegetables but keep separate:
a. Garlic: coarsely grate
b. Ginger: remove skin and coarsely grate
c. Mushrooms: into medium slices
d. Chilli: remove the cheeks and into fine strips
e. Spring onion: cut finely on the angle.
f. Carrot: into matchsticks
3. In a medium pan, heat the oil and fry the garlic and ginger for 2-4 minutes until fragrant and soft.
4. Add the soy sauce and evaporate and reduce by half.
5. Whisk the chicken stock with the water – add to the pan and bring to the boil, cooking for 5 minutes.
6. Next add the mushrooms and cook by simmering for 2 minutes before adding the noodles, which will take another 2-3 minutes.
7. Taste and check the seasoning before turning off the heat. Add the spinach and stir through to wilt.
8. Transfer to 2 bowls then garnish with the remaining prepared vegetables and egg.