RECIPE: Loseley Park’s Pecan Pie
- Credit: Archant
Perfect for a celebratory festive dinner party or just a treat on a cold wintery night
For the December edition of Surrey Life, we descended on Loseley Park for our Christmas cover photo shoot.
One of the dishes created for the shoot by Loseley Park’s catering team was this delcious Pecan Pie recipe.
Here’s how you can recreate the delighful winter dessert at home.
Ingredients (serves 8):
· Flour, for dusting
· 500g pack sweet shortcrust pastry or you can make your own pastry
· 75g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 5 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 6 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 7 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 8 What is a Broads ranger?
- 9 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
- 10 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Lancashire this summer
· 100g golden caster sugar
· 175g golden syrup
· 175g maple syrup
· 3 eggs, beaten
· ½ tsp vanilla extract
· 300g pecan halves
· double cream, whipped, to serve
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes plus chilling
· STEP 1: On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry. Use the pastry to line a 23cm tart tin. Prick the base of the pastry case with a fork and chill for 30 mins, or until firm.
· STEP 2: Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Line the pastry case with baking parchment, fill with baking beans and bake for 15-20 mins until the sides are set. Remove the beans and parchment and return the tin to the oven for 5-10 mins until the pastry is golden and the base is set. Leave to cool.
· STEP 3: Increase oven to 200C/190C fan/gas 6. Use an electric whisk to beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Keep the beaters going and pour in both of the syrups. Gradually add the eggs, ¼ tsp salt and the vanilla, then whisk until combined. Stir through the pecans, then pour the mixture into the tart case.
· STEP 4: Bake for 10 minutes then turn heat down to 160C/140C fan/gas 3 and continue baking for 30-35 minutes (the pie should be golden brown and the filling should wobble a little in the centre when shaken).
· STEP 5: Leave to cool in the tin. Serve with whipped cream and cranberries for that festive feel or serve with vanilla ice cream.
This December, Loseley Park will open a new farm shop on the estate at Mellersh Farm. The Loseley Park farm shop will be open daily from 9am – 5pm. For updates, follow Losely Park on Instagram