Mushroom and Tomato stack recipe
- Credit: Archant
This is a great breakfast/brunch dish.
4 large flat mushrooms
2 beef tomatoes, sliced thickly
4 medium eggs
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 3 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 4 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 5 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 6 Yorkshire Wolds walk - Thixendale to Hanging Grimston
- 7 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 8 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 9 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 10 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pre heat the oven to 190C / gas Mark 5.
Trim the mushrooms stalks, level. Brush each mushroom with oil. Place the mushrooms in a lightly oiled baking tray.
Divide the tomato slices between the mushrooms, drizzle with a little extra oil and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile poach the eggs in gently simmering water with a splash of vinegar – try and make sure the yolk stays runny.
To assemble, drain the poached eggs and place on top of each mushroom and tomato stack.
For serving you can always butter some toasted bread buns and place the mushroom and tomato stacks on top.