Mushroom and Tomato stack recipe
- Credit: Archant
This is a great breakfast/brunch dish.
4 large flat mushrooms
2 beef tomatoes, sliced thickly
4 medium eggs
- 1 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 2 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 3 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 4 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 5 Why presentation is so important when selling a home
- 6 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 Why the Yorkshire flat cap has returned back into fashion
- 9 Celebrity TV doctor Amir Khan on how to beat the Covid blues
- 10 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pre heat the oven to 190C / gas Mark 5.
Trim the mushrooms stalks, level. Brush each mushroom with oil. Place the mushrooms in a lightly oiled baking tray.
Divide the tomato slices between the mushrooms, drizzle with a little extra oil and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile poach the eggs in gently simmering water with a splash of vinegar – try and make sure the yolk stays runny.
To assemble, drain the poached eggs and place on top of each mushroom and tomato stack.
For serving you can always butter some toasted bread buns and place the mushroom and tomato stacks on top.