Octopus with potatoes and paprkia - recipe
- Credit: Archant
Make this octopus with potatoes and paprkia dish the centre of your Spanish style feast
Ingredients (serves 4)
• 3 bay leaves
• 1 garlic bulb, halved horizontally
• 1 tbsp sea salt
• 1 octopus, cleaned and defrosted if frozen
• 4 medium waxy potatoes
- 1 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 2 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 3 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 4 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021
- 5 The 15 best Christmas markets in Norfolk 2021
- 6 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
- 7 The best Christmas markets and fairs in and around Cheshire
- 8 Magical Christmas markets in Suffolk 2021
- 9 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 10 3 magical winter wonderland light trails to enjoy in Kent
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp smoked paprika
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and add the bay leaf, garlic and salt.
2. Submerge the octopus and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Add the potatoes to the pan and simmer for a further 20 minutes or until the potatoes and octopus are tender to the point of a knife.
4. Drain well, then peel and slice the potatoes and arrange on a large serving platter. Slice the octopus (discarding the eyes and beak) and arrange on top, then drizzle with oil and sprinkle with paprika. Serve warm for the best texture.
Note: If you want to make the dish in advance, let it cool in the poaching liquor, then drain, slice and chill overnight. You can then steam the octopus and potatoes to reheat before dressing.
Find it in Hampshire
• Octopus - Kerri’s Catch; fishmarketportsmouth.co.uk
• Hampshire Fare turns 25: Meet the producers - In celebration of our local county food group reaching a quarter of a century, Nancy Judge chats to the producers that owe their business success to Hampshire Fare