Picnic Food - Bean and Parsley salad
- Credit: Archant
It is always great to have a salad to dive into for your picnic, but salad leaves don’t travel well. This robust bean salad is perfect; it’s very colourful and I am sure you will love its fresh perky parsley taste.
400g can red kidney beans
400g can chick peas
400g can flageolet beans
1 red pepper, cored, seeded and sliced finely
- 1 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 2 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 3 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 4 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 5 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 Why presentation is so important when selling a home
- 8 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District
- 9 Why the Yorkshire flat cap has returned back into fashion
- 10 A positive outlook for the housing market for 2021
1 yellow pepper, cored, seeded and sliced finely
175g baby plum tomatoes
Handful of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
150mls olive oil
50mls balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 level tsp paprika pepper
2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Drain the beans and rinse well. Toss together with the red and yellow pepper, tomatoes and parsley.
For the dressing
Whisk the olive oil and balsamic vinegar together. Add the garlic, paprika and flat leaf parsley. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Stir well.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad.