Picnic Food - Melon and Prosciutto salad
- Credit: Archant
This is perfect picnic food for a hot summer’s day. If you keep the melons chilled until the last minute, they will be deliciously thirst quenching. Knives and forks are not needed; just make sure you have plenty of napkins at the ready.
2 ripe melons, use contrasting colours if possible i.e. Ogen, Charentais or Honeydew
16 slices of prosciutto
A good handful of rocket salad leaves
75g pecorino cheese
- 1 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 2 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 3 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 4 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 5 A positive outlook for the housing market for 2021
- 6 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District
- 7 5 great Boxing Day walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 9 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 10 REVIEW: The Pickled Sprout, Harrogate
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Cut the melons in half, remove and discard the seeds and then slice each melon into 8 or 10 pieces. With a sharp knife, carefully remove the skin from each slice.
Arrange the contrasting colours of melon on a serving platter. Carefully peel off the slices of prosciutto from the pack and gently arrange in random ‘curls’ over the melon.
Scatter the melon slices with rocket leaves.
Using a potato peeler, shave the pecorino cheese over the salad.
Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper before serving.