Picnic Food - Sticky glazed drumsticks and sausages
- Credit: Archant
This is one of my all time favourite picnic recipes. With appetites sharpened in the fresh air, these delicious, sticky treats will disappear in a flash. Take them ready prepared or have some fun with a small portable BBQ.
6 chicken drumsticks
12 good quality local sausages
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 3 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 4 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 5 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 6 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 7 Yorkshire Wolds walk - Thixendale to Hanging Grimston
- 8 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 9 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 10 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp apricot jam
1 tbsp runny honey
Dash of Tabasco
Splash of balsamic vinegar
Place all the ingredients together in a bowl and whisk well.
Spoon the sauce over the drumsticks and sausages.
Cover with Clingfilm and leave for 1 hour, or longer if possible, to marinate.
Place the drumsticks and sausages in an ovenproof container along with the BBQ sauce.
Place in the oven and cook at 190C /gas mark 5.
The sausages will take approximately 25 minutes and the chicken approximately 30 minutes.
Alternatively the chicken and sausages taste wonderful cooked on a BBQ.