Raspberry Bakewell recipe
- Credit: Archant
Warm up this winter with this Raspberry Bakewell recipe. Also included - where to find the ingredients in Hampshire
Ingredients (Serves 8)
• 200g plain flour
• 100g butter, diced
• 150g raspberry jam
• 150g autumn raspberries
• 3 tbsp flaked almonds
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 4 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 5 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 6 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 7 8 great family walks in the North West
- 8 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 9 Win a three nights stay at Nydsley Hall in Pateley Bridge
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
For the frangipane:
• 150g butter, softened
• 150g caster sugar
• 150g ground almonds
• 2 large eggs
• Finely grated zest of a lemon
• 1/2 tsp almond extract
1 To make the pastry, sieve the flour into a mixing bowl then rub in the flour until all of the large lumps have disappeared. Then add just enough cold water to bind the pastry together into a stiff but pliable dough.
2 Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface, then use it to line a deep 20cm round tart case. Trim the edges, then chill the pastry case for 30 minutes.
3 Preheat the oven to 200c (180c fan) / gas 6. Line the pastry case with clingfilm and fill it with baking beans or rice. Bake the pastry for 10 minutes, then remove the clingfilm and baking beans.
4 Spread the jam over the base of the pastry case, then arrange the raspberries on top. Beat all of the frangipane ingredients together with an electric whisk until smooth, then spoon it over the raspberries and level the surface. Scatter the top with flaked almonds.
5 Reduce the oven temperature to 180c (160c fan) / gas 4, then bake the tart for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature with pouring cream.
Find it in Hampshire
• Eggs - Claytons Eggs, Romsey, 01794 513242, www.claytonseggshampshire.co.uk--------------------------------------------------