Restaurant recipe: Offley Place tuna ponzu
- Credit: Archant
The Spencer Restaurant at Offley Place Country House Hotel shares its recipe for a delicious fish-with-a-twist dish
Wasabi mashed potato
1 bulb garlic,
1 tsp olive oil,
1 cup softened butter,
- 1 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 2 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 9 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
- 10 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
4tsp wasabi paste,
½ cup milk
Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Remove papery skin of garlic. Rub with olive oil and place on a small baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until skin can be easily pierced with a fork. While garlic is roasting, peel and quarter the potatoes. Place in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to the boil and allow potatoes to simmer until very soft, about 20 minutes. Drain water and mash potatoes with butter until smooth and fluffy.
Squeeze softened garlic cloves out of skin into a pot. In a small bowl, mix wasabi with enough water to form a thick paste. Mash garlic and wasabi paste into potatoes, pour in milk and continue to mash until mixture is light and fluffy. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
1 bunch of spring onion,
2 red peppers,
½ iceberg lettuce
Chop all ingredients finely and combine in a bowl.
1 green onion/scallion,
1 inch ginger,
2tsp sesame oil,
1 tsp soy sauce,
1 tsp white sesame seeds,
4 tuna steaks, each
1 inch thick
Grate ginger and slice green onion finely. Combine the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
When the oil is hot, sear the tuna for 30 seconds on each side.
When both sides are seared, place the tuna steak on top of the wasabi mash and place shredded salad to the side. As the final touch, drizzle the sauce over all the ingredients.
Restaurant recipe by Spencer Restaurant, Offley Place Country House Hotel, Great Offley offleyplace.com