Roasted British Asparagus with Chorizo and a Poached Egg recipe
- Credit: Archant
There is nothing quite like the taste of roasted asparagus with peppery, punchy chorizo and creamy egg yolk. This makes for a lovely starter or light summer lunch
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
A bundle (approx 250g) British asparagus
1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 3 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 4 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 5 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 6 Win a diamond ring worth £1,000
- 7 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 8 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 9 Win a watercolour painting of Gosfield by artist James Merriott
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
110g chorizo, sliced
Handful chives, chopped
What to do:
Preheat the oven to 210°C
Place your asparagus into a roasting dish, add the olive oil and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
In a hot frying pan add the slices of chorizo. Cook on both sides for 2 minutes until the paprika oil oozing out of the slices.
Meanwhile place a pan of boiling water on the hob and bring to a fast rolling boil. When you have 3 minutes to go before serving crack your 2 eggs into the boiling water and immediately lower the heat to low-medium for 2 minutes. Then turn the heat off completely.
Remove the asparagus from the oven and place on a serving dish, sprinkle over the hot chorizo slices, and with a slotted spoon add the 2 poached eggs.
Finally drizzle over the paprika oil and finish with the chive