Salad of Black Figs & Goats Cheese Cream
- Credit: The Mere Golf Resort & Spa
Vegetarian dish provided by The Mere Golf Resort & Spa, Chester Road, Knutsford
Readymade Puff Pastry
Goats cheese cream
100g Cream Cheese
200g Goats cheese – (Soft & skin off)
- 1 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 2 Win a £5000 staycation in Cornwall
- 3 WIN £250 worth of Christmas food and drink
- 4 Win a £1000 rug from Alternative Flooring
- 5 The Cheshire choirs singing for Christmas
- 6 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 7 Win a winter break at the Shireburn Arms in the heart of the Ribble Valley
- 8 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 10 12 of the best Christmas events in Surrey
150g white wine
½ tbsp vanilla essence – shake bottle !!
1 bay leaf
50g white wine vinegar
6 Ripe black figs
10g fresh thyme sprigs
Chicory leaves Red & Yellow
Pea shoot (Available from most supermarkets)
Start the night before by infusing the fresh thyme into the honey, allow to steep in an air tight container in a warm place. Secondly place all pickle liquor ingredients in a pan & bring to the boil, add figs & remove from heat, cover & place in fridge.
Pre heat your oven at 180oc/ 350 F. Remove puff pastry from the fridge & allow to warm up. Roll to a thickness of a pound coin, allow to rest for 30 minutes before cutting (this makes the pastry relax and wont shrink during cooking) Cut into a rectangle measuring 12cm X 5 cm. Place between greaseproof paper & 2 trays (this stops the pastry rising too much during baking) cook for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
To make the goats cheese cream - Pulse together the goats cheese & cream cheese until smooth (not to much as this will make the cream to soft) Press the cream through a sieve to insure its smooth.
Quarter the black figs & allow to dry slightly on kitchen towel. Place 1 tsp of the cream mix onto the plate you wish to serve on, stick the pastry on to this to give a base to work from.
Spread 1tbsp of the goats cheese cream onto the pastry & also place 3 individual tsp of the cream mix on top of this. Place 4 quarters of the figs onto the goats cheese, followed by 4 pieces of walnut. Trim the chicory to 4cm long, split in half & stand in the cream mix. Add the apple & celery batons. Stick the pea shoots into any gaps and carefully place the shredded radicchio to create the most colorful effect. Finish by running 1tsbp of the thyme honey over the salad & around the edge of the plate.
The Mere Golf Resort & Spa, Chester Road, Mere, Knutsford, Cheshire United Kingdom WA16 6LJ