Spicy monkfish with mint yoghurt recipe
- Credit: Archant
They this simple barbeque recipe from Ramus Seafood
400g monkfish, trimmed
1tsp harissa paste
1tsp dry spice blend (Steenbergs’ organic tagine blend works very well)
- 1 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 2 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 3 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 4 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 5 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 6 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 7 Yorkshire Wolds walk - Thixendale to Hanging Grimston
- 8 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 9 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 10 18 of the best lockdown takeaways across Yorkshire
a little olive oil
250ml natural yoghurt
1tsp mint sauce
zest ½ lemon
¼ deseeded cucumber
1 tsp caster sugar
salt and pepper
1 Mix together the spicy glaze ingredients to form a paste. Season the monkish with salt and pepper then marinate in the spicy glaze for 30 minutes. Cut the fish into chunks and slide on to kebab skewers.
2 Combine the mint yoghurt ingredients and refrigerate until needed.
3 Pan-fry or barbecue the monkfish kebabs for two to three minutes on each side and serve on a bed of shredded iceberg lettuce with lemon wedges and some of the mint yoghurt.
The cookbook Ramus Forty, priced £9.95, is available online. Visit ramus.co.uk for details.