Squid & chorizo served with lemon, garlic and olive oil recipe
- Credit: Archant
A delicious seafood dish courtesy of our good friends at Ramus.
450g cleaned and prepared squid
200g diced chorizo sausage
zest and juice of a large lemon
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 2 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 3 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 4 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 5 Why presentation is so important when selling a home
- 6 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 Why the Yorkshire flat cap has returned back into fashion
- 9 Celebrity TV doctor Amir Khan on how to beat the Covid blues
- 10 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District
75ml olive oil
2tbsp chopped parsley
salt and black pepper
1 Remove the squid tentacles and wash and dry them with kitchen towel. Cut the body into rings, wash them in cold, running water, pat them dry and add them to the tentacles. Squeeze over the lemon juice and leave for five minutes. After that, drain off any excess liquid.
2 Heat oil in a pan and add the garlic and lemon zest, cooking slowly as the pan heats up. When hot, add the chorizo and fry for two minutes. Bring the heat back up, add the squid and fry for one or two minutes. Add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
3 Serve straight from the pan on to a bed of wild rocket with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
The cookbook Ramus Forty, priced £9.95, is available online. Visit ramus.co.uk for details.