Somerset Life Food & Drink Awards 2017: Food & Drink Hero of the Year
- Credit: Archant
Every year we honour people within the local community who do so much to help producers, restaurateurs, cafes, pubs, chefs and those in the hospitality industry
This award is Somerset Life’s opportunity to nominate its very own Somerset Food Hero or in this case heroes.
This category celebrates an individual or team who the magazine believes has made an important and lasting impact on the food and drink community in the county – someone who is passionate about local produce and finds every opportunity to say so.
Somerset is not short of incredible food and drink. Our winners have worked tirelessly over the years to stage great events, expanding their Burnham food festivals and then reaching into other areas including Weston super Mare and Wellington. Recently they saved a Weston event when another organiser pulled out and they brought their food festival successfully together at the last minute.
These ladies not only hold great events and give people the opportunity to experience Somerset’s great food and drink producers and businesses, they help these businesses get established with grants and help spread the word about who they are and where they can be found.
If you haven’t guessed yet...
Our worthy winners of the ‘Somerset Life Food & Drink Heroes of the Year’ Award, sponsored by Notaro Care Homes, are Sarah and Bev Milner-Simonds.
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 3 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 4 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 5 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 6 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 7 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 8 Yorkshire Wolds walk - Thixendale to Hanging Grimston
- 9 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District
- 10 10 Yorkshire walks near the Pennine Way