Somerset Life Food & Drink Awards 2017: Food & Drink Hero of the Year
- Credit: Archant
Every year we honour people within the local community who do so much to help producers, restaurateurs, cafes, pubs, chefs and those in the hospitality industry
This award is Somerset Life’s opportunity to nominate its very own Somerset Food Hero or in this case heroes.
This category celebrates an individual or team who the magazine believes has made an important and lasting impact on the food and drink community in the county – someone who is passionate about local produce and finds every opportunity to say so.
Somerset is not short of incredible food and drink. Our winners have worked tirelessly over the years to stage great events, expanding their Burnham food festivals and then reaching into other areas including Weston super Mare and Wellington. Recently they saved a Weston event when another organiser pulled out and they brought their food festival successfully together at the last minute.
These ladies not only hold great events and give people the opportunity to experience Somerset’s great food and drink producers and businesses, they help these businesses get established with grants and help spread the word about who they are and where they can be found.
If you haven’t guessed yet...
Our worthy winners of the ‘Somerset Life Food & Drink Heroes of the Year’ Award, sponsored by Notaro Care Homes, are Sarah and Bev Milner-Simonds.
- 1 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 2 Lancashire Recipes - Butter Pie
- 3 Photography focus: 5 stunning Yorkshire Dales landscapes
- 4 From The Dig to Harry Potter - 5 films shot in Suffolk
- 5 Cornish Legends: The Mermaid of Zennor
- 6 Why Cornwall is so different from its neighbouring counties
- 7 7 places for the perfect picnic in Dorset
- 8 Afternoon tea deliveries in the Cotswolds
- 9 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 10 Award-winning photographer visits Hayle on Cornish tour