- Credit: Archant
In the Club Bar of The Captain’s Club Hotel in Christchurch, Luke the resident barman is proud of the niche brands they have hunted down, including high altitude rum and homemade ingredients such as horseradish-infused vodka.
Luke has created an interesting range of cocktails to show off the subtleties of these rarer spirits.
Take the Smoking Wray, created to showcase the smoky depths of Wray and Nephew rum; this scene-stealer arrives in its own smoke-filled case.
If fruity martinis are your thing then Poole’s Hotel du Vin in Thames Street does an awesome pear martini - in fact there is a whole page of martinis ranging from espresso to dirty.
Urban Beach in Argyll Road, Boscombe, has an ever evolving cocktail menu featuring many locally produced ingredients; their award-winning Bloody Mary is a must. If you want to enjoy your cocktail by the beach head down to its sister establishment Urban Reef at The Overstrand.
Alongside its classic cocktails, The Cumberland Hotel on Bournemouth’s seafront offers its signature Ventana Spiced Coke and a royalty-inspired Kiss Me Kate. For a cocktail hour overlooking Poole Harbour the Sandbanks Hotel is just the ticket. Other sea views can be found at The Haven and Harbour Heights. If bubbly is more your scene then Fizz Fridays at Hallmark Hotel on Durley Chine Road runs from 5.30pm - 7.30pm and includes free tapas.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 3 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 4 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 5 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 6 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 Win a watercolour painting of The Matchings by artist James Merriott
- 9 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich
- 10 13 delicious afternoon teas to try in Somerset
If you’re in the west of the county check out the Venner Bar at The Bull Hotel, Bridport. Barman Lloyd Brown hosts a popular Friday night cocktails and canapés event, as well as tasting sessions and master classes. Ask him to make you a Dirty Cow Martini made with Black Cow Vodka, the world’s first pure milk vodka - and best of all its made in Dorset!