Surrey pubs: The Bell, Fetcham KT22 9ND
Landlords Mark and Penny Thornhill returned from six years living in sunny Florida, running their own restaurants, when they took over at The Bell in Fetcham
Originally published in Surrey Life magazine April 2010
The Bell, Bell Lane, Fetcham, Surrey KT22 9ND Tel: 01372 372624
Landlords Mark and Penny Thornhill returned from six years living in sunny Florida, running their own restaurants, when they took over atThe Bell in Fetcham
What?Set in the village of Fetcham, The Bell is an original British pub graced by a stylish restaurant. Offering Young’s real ales, bar meals and hearty British restaurant classics, it hasa great reputation.
Where?Sometimes thought of as a suburb of Leatherhead, and often overlooked, the village of Fetcham is just a short walk over the river from its larger neighbour. Fetcham is rich in prehistoric antiquities and there is evidence of Anglo-Saxon burial, too.
Why?They serve great Young’s beers and are also home to some world class wines – plus, two members of the team are qualified sommeliers, including the landlord, Mark.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 4 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 5 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
- 9 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 10 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer