Surrey pubs: The Inn at Maybury, Woking GU22 8AB
With ten years' experience in the industry, Jo Hammond, the new general manager at The Inn at Maybury, in Woking, previously opened, managed and made famous The Seahorse in Shalford
Originally published in Surrey Life magazine May 2010
The Inn at Maybury, Maybury Hill, Woking GU22 8ABTel: 01483 722115
With ten years’ experience in the industry, Jo Hammond, the new general manager at The Inn at Maybury, in Woking, previously opened, managed and made famous The Seahorse in Shalford.
What?Dating back to the 1860s, The Inn at Maybury is steeped in local history. Making the most of the pub’s original features, there is a stylish bar, open fires and a mix of shabby chic and mismatched furniture.
Where?Maybury was the home of HG Wells. In 1898, he used the landscape as a focal point to write The War of the Worlds, which detailed a Martian coming down the hill from the convent to the Maybury Inn.
Why?At the core of the pub’s food offerings are classic freshly-made pizzas from their stone fired ovens, as well as traditional favourites like steaks and fish and chips. With a comprehensive wine list and a great selection of beers, homespun cask ales and plenty of delicious fizz, this country pub is well worth a visit.
Recommend your favourite Surrey pubs to email@example.com
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 3 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 4 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 5 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 6 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 7 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 8 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 9 Bluebell walks in Suffolk: Beautiful spring woodlands to explore
- 10 Bluebell woods in Derbyshire: Top 5 places to go for woodland walks