Surrey pubs: The Talbot Inn, Ripley GU23 6BB
Welcome to a new series profiling Surrey's best pubs – and what better way to start than with Ripley's Talbot Inn, which was voted best pub for a cosy winter lunch by Surrey Life online users?
Originally published in Surrey Life magazine February 2010
The Talbot Inn, High Street, Ripley GU23 6BBTel: 01483 225188
Welcome to a new series profiling Surrey’s best pubs – and what better way to start than with Ripley’s Talbot Inn, which was voted best pub for a cosy winter lunch by Surrey Life online users?
What?Dating back to the 15th century, this old-fashioned coaching inn mixes a traditional bar area, complete with a log fire, and a modern restaurant.
Where?Set in stunning countryside, Ripley is a small but beautiful village near to Woking. A short drive from RHS Wisley, as well as the ruins of Woking Palace and Newark Priory, which are both found on the banks of the River Wey, it is a picturesque location frequented by walkers.
Why?The bar has a fine selection of ales – including the local TEA by Hogs Back Brewery – while the restaurant is Michelin listed and consistently produces delicious dishes. And if you don’t want to drive home, book one of the inn’s stylish bedrooms.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 4 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 5 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 9 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
- 10 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer