Made in Surrey: 6 frozen desserts to try before summer’s out
- Credit: Archant
From Silent Pool’s frozen cocktails to spiced gelato made by Mandira’s Kitchen you’re in for a treat
Crockford Bridge, Weybridge
After years of supplying fruit for the ice cream made at Gelateria Danieli in Richmond, Crockford Bridge opened its very own Ice Cream Parlour, to sell its own ice cream flavours.
From the makers of Pleesecakes - the no-bake instagram worthy cheesecakes loved by celebrities and the Queen - Freezecakes are thw world’s first cheesecake in a tub. The tubs of frozen cheesecake come in three flavours: Bonnie & Clyde (Butterscotch and Caramel), Charlie (Chocolate) and Lily-Rose (Lemon and Raspberry).
Gray’s Gelato, Polesden Lacey
Made on site at Goldstone Farm, on the Polesden Lacey estate in Great Bookham, Gray’s Gelato ice cream is made from the rich and creamy milk produced by the farm’s pedigree Ayrshire cows.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 3 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 4 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 5 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 6 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 7 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 8 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 9 Bluebell walks in Suffolk: Beautiful spring woodlands to explore
- 10 Bluebell woods in Derbyshire: Top 5 places to go for woodland walks
Mandira’s Kitchen, Albury
Bringing the flavours of Indian summer to Surrey, Mandira’s Kitchen has launched three frozen desserts this year – Fig & Almond Gelato, Mango & Cardamon Gelato and Lychee Martini Sorbet, made with Silent Pool gin!
Mike and Amanda Carter recently opened Moooh! ice cream shop in Cranleigh having operated out of a vintage citroen H Van, called Mirabelle, for five years.
Silent Pool Distillers, Albury
Okay so these aren’t necessarily considered a dessert but you can eat them with a spoon so we’re going with that. For Silent Pool’s latest launch they collaborated with Mr Tipsy Ice Cream to create frozen cocktails in a tub based on two summer aperitifs – Clementine G&T and Blacberry Negroni.