Taste of Autumn 2012 food festival at RHS Garden Wisley
Celebrate the colours and flavours of the season at Wisley's annual Taste of Autumn Festival this month.
Celebrate the colours and flavours of the season at Wisley’s annual Taste of Autumn Festival this month.
From Wednesday October 17 to Sunday October 21, sample a rainbow of different apple varieties, be tempted by cookery demonstrations, browse displays of fruit and vegetables and explore food stalls at the RHS’s flagship garden.
Grow Your Own guru and Gardeners' Question Time regular Pippa Greenwood will be on hand signing copies of her new book Veg Growing Made Easy and Fun from Friday October 19 to Sunday October 21, 1pm daily.
Botanist, gardener, broadcaster and natural remedies obsessive, James Wong will be talking, tasting and signing his new book Homegrown Revolution on Wednesday October 17 and Thursday October 18, 1pm daily.
Cleve West - 20 Oct (11am and 2.30pm)
Best in Show, RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2012 winner Cleve West is back at Wisley to talk about his remarkable year on Saturday October 20, 11am and 2.30pm.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 6 8 great family walks in the North West
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 9 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 10 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
‘The Big Chef’ Peter Osborne will be cooking up a storm on Saturday October 20 and Sunday October 21, 11.30am daily, and there will be 40 food stalls to tempt your taste buds, selling everything from cheese, sausages and breads to fiery cordials, tonics and chocolate.
Of course, Wisley being an RHS garden, there will be plenty of experts on hand throughout the five day show to answer any Grow Your Own queries that you might have and they will be celebrating the apple harvest in the Wisley caf�s.
Taste of Autumn 2012 from Wednesday October 17 to Sunday October 21 at RHS Garden Wisley, Woking, Surrey GU23 6QB. Tel: 0845 260 9000 / www.rhs.org.uk