5 of the best farm shops in Hampshire
- Credit: Archant
If there’s one thing we love to do here at Hampshire Life, it’s to celebrate local produce! So here are a selection of some of the best farm shops across the county where you’ll find just that
On the hunt for a Hampshire meal out? See our guide to the county's best restaurants here.
Wellington Farm Shop, Heckfield
Signposted from the A33, Wellington Farm Shop opens daily and stocks a range of fresh meat such as lamb, pork, poultry, sausages and game. You'll find all of this as well as fruit and veg, local bread and fresh cakes. There is also a café on site serving breakfast and lunch. Wellington won Farm Shop of the Year at the 2012 Hampshire Life Food & Drink Awards.
Newlyns Farm Shop, North Warnborough
A finalist at our 2013 and 2014 Food & Drink Awards, Newlyns stock their own home-produced meat as well as offering items such as fresh fruit and vegetables; not forgetting the delicatessen counters full of goodies. The on site café offers freshly ground coffee, soft drinks, baguettes and home made cakes.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 3 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 4 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 5 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 6 Win a two-night stay for two at the Telegraph Hotel in Coventry
- 7 Win a watercolour painting of Wat Tyler Country Park by artist James Merriott
- 8 23 places to find the best views in Devon
- 9 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 10 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
Durleighmarsh Farm Shop, Petersfield
As well as a good offering of local meat and dairy produce, Durleighmarsh also grow their own fruit and vegetables which are all ready-picked in season. Supporting producers in Hampshire and Sussex, the farm shop use 'Food Miles' signs on their produce to show where everything comes from. A selection of cakes, quiches, game, beers, ciders - and a whole load more - are available throughout the year.
Cobbs Farm Shop, Winchester
With a farm shop, café and butchery on site, Cobbs certainly have all the bases covered when it comes to food and drink. Having been in the heart of the local community for more than thirty years, they pride themselves in serving up quality food with provenance.
Beechcroft Farm Shop, Winchester
Winner of 'Best Farm Shop' at the 2013 and 2014 Hampshire Life Food & Drink Awards, Beechcroft offer fresh cuts of lamb, beef and pork, as well as turkey at Christmas. All the animals are free range and left to slowly mature on Beechcroft's chalkland fields rich in clover, which provides a good source of protein for all animals.
- 10 of the best restaurants in Winchester - Hampshire's historical city is packed with places to enjoy a meal out and has recently developed into a destination for foodies. We round up some of Winchester's best restaurants