The Cleveland Tontine, Staddlebridge, Northallerton
- Credit: Archant
The Cleveland Tontine is something of an institution in beautiful North Yorkshire.
Built as a coaching inn in 1804, this renowned hotel and restaurant has a unique atmosphere; at once both traditional and contemporary. Significant recent investment has created a sophisticated venue for both business and pleasure with several different dining spaces, a chic cocktail bar, seven stunning bedrooms and a fabulous function room.
In the atmospheric bistro, characterised by the fabulous decorated ceiling and the huge stone fireplace, enjoy the seasonal and locally sourced menu of head chef, James Cooper. Dishes include James’ signature dish of smoked fillet of locally reared pork, crispy belly and salted toffee apple and the ever popular 35-day matured Yorkshire beef. Lunch and dinner are served daily and Sunday lunch provides a mouth-watering end to the week.
Afternoon tea is available between 12.30pm and 5pm every day and is served in the elegant Morning Room. Indulge in an array of delicious, freshly made cakes and sandwiches accompanied by an extensive choice of teas and coffees.
The stunning Cleveland Room reflects the bohemian atmosphere prevalent throughout and is the perfect place for a party, family celebration or conference while the Snug is ideal for a smaller gathering.
The fabulous new bedrooms are all individually designed to the highest standard and reflect the eclectic atmosphere with a combination of flat screen TVs, antique mirrors and Chinese-style tables. Luxurious touches such as upstairs bathrooms with roll top baths and wonderful four poster beds mean that nothing is compromised on comfort.
Whether it’s for a coffee by the fire, a business event, a family dinner or a larger party, the Cleveland Tontine can offer you the perfect venue in North Yorkshire.
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 3 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 4 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 5 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 6 Yorkshire Wolds walk - Thixendale to Hanging Grimston
- 7 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 8 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 9 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 10 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District
The Cleveland Tontine
Northallerton DL6 3JB