The Dial House, Reepham flooded with calls following TV appearance
- Credit: Archant
Reepham boutique hotel The Dial House, and owners Hannah Springham and Andrew Jones, are among the stars of a new TV series being aired by Channel 4
Reepham boutique hotel The Dial House, and owners Hannah Springham and Andrew Jones, are among the stars of a new TV series being aired by Channel 4.
The Great Hotel Escape, filmed over the last year, follows Steph and Dom Parker of Gogglebox fame - themselves hoteliers - as they meet families who are planning to open, or who are already running, historic hotels in some of Britain's most beautiful locations.
"Filming for the series was brilliant but surreal," says Hannah. "I used to be a TV director so having the cameras turned on me was more than a little strange. The first year of any business is tough but running a hotel is another level. Having their experience and knowledge of running a hotel around us and just having them put their hand on our shoulder at times, telling us we're doing a good job and just to keep going, was invaluable.
"We're hoping that being part of this TV series helps other people realise if you want to do something then it's worth the leap - there's more to life than the regular 9-5 and that although running your own business is relentless, it's also beautifully rewarding when it goes right," says Hannah.
"We also hope lots of people book in for overnight stays and dinner after seeing the place looking lovely on TV!"
Appearing across three episodes - with the first airing on 26th August - the hotel is already receiving calls for bookings.
- 1 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 4 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 5 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 6 6 great walks near Ramsbottom
- 7 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
- 8 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 9 7 great walks in Wensleydale
- 10 10 of the best cocktail bars in Surrey