The Great British Bake Off
- Credit: Archant
Exeter hotel bakes in the footsteps of this years show
The Chefs at Exeter’s Magdalen Chapter are taking their turn to recreate the famous bakes of the legendary Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood.
The return of the Great British Bake Off marks its fifth year on our TV screens and the staff at the Magdalen Street based hotel are following in the footsteps of this years 12 contestants, baking the delights which appear on the show the night before.
Head Chef or ‘Master baker’ Ben Bulger and his team will be whipping up a Cake of the Day inspired by series five. This week Ben had the choice between the Swiss Roll, a Cherry Cake and classic British cakes, in perfect miniature form.
General Manager Fiona Moores said: “Our staff and customers are real fans of Bake Off and throughout the series we love nothing more than challenging ourselves to take on the recipes. From watching the struggles the show’s contestant’s experience, our guests can certainly appreciate the skill and patience these delicious delicacies take to create.”
The Great British Bake Off is undoubtedly one of the best ultimate culinary delights that has got the nation indulging in its weekly show. Its 12 contestants are always trying to impress the demanding and ruthless expertise of its two judges, and the customers at the hotel are sure to be no different.
If you have booked in at Magdalen Chapter between now and the 16th October, you’ll be able to catch the Master Baker himself, Ben Bulger, in action.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 6 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 7 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 8 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces