The Lightbox gallery’s new fine dining pop-up restaurant in Woking
- Credit: Archant
There’s something new and rather special coming to The Lightbox gallery and museum in Woking this year...
Celebrated chef Aneke Spacie, who has worked in some of the world’s best Michelin-starred restaurants and runs the new Waters Edge café/restaurant just outside Woking, is set to bring her Food by Aneke pop-up restaurant (read Surrey Life's previous glowing review) to the artistic space.
The first of this new series of events took place on Saturday February 13, with the next one already announced for Friday March 18 and more dates to follow.
The eveningsl get off to a bang with bubbles accompanied by canapés against the stunning backdrop of the latest exhibition, which is currently John Constable: Observing the Weather.
This is then followed by a six-course tasting menu, with previous pop-up dishes including Bembridge crab Scotch egg, slow roasted free range pork belly served on a pink lady apple risotto and rhubarb panna cotta with ginger ice cream cones and space dusted cherry soup...
• If you would like to attend the Food by Aneke pop-ups at The Lightbox, bookings can be made by contacting Jess Walrond on 01483 737809 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
- 1 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 2 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 9 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 10 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
• For more information about Food by Aneke, including previous pop-up restaurant menus, visit foodbyaneke.com.