The Wine Reserve in Cobham share their spring wine selection
- Credit: Archant
Every month we feature an independent Surrey wine boutique’s top three picks for the weeks ahead. Here Carol Edwards from The Wine Reserve, Cobham shares her current favourites
Originally published in Surrey Life magazine May 2017
Paracombe, Pinot Noir 2012, £9.99
We’re always on the look out for a good value Pinot Noir, which brings us to this surprising little number from the cooler climate Adelaide Hills in Australia. This has lifted, alluring aromas of wild strawberry, cherry and toffee notes. It is bright crimson in colour, while the palate offers gentle, lingering flavours of cherry and plum with fine tannins and subtle spice on the finish. Open it up for an hour before you want to drink it and experience a real grown up Pinot Noir at a fantastic price.
The Story, Marsanne, Roussanne and Viognier 2015, £27.99
This blend is produced from the only Marsanne and Roussanne planted in the Grampians region of south east Australia. This wine is fermented using natural yeasts, which we believe adds complexity as it undergoes a secondary malolactic fermentation. The result is a rich and complex wine with notes of fleshy ripe peach, pear and hints of lemon balm leading to a subtle honeyed finish.
- 1 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 Win a G&H Spirits gin set with Sussex Life
- 5 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 Win a three nights stay at Nydsley Hall in Pateley Bridge
- 9 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 10 7 great walks near Kirkby Lonsdale
TMW Mothership, Chenin Blanc 2015, £24.99
Farmed following biodynamic and Masanobu Fukuoka practices, this is slightly unusual in a good way. Fresh and luscious with a citrus fruit character with quince and pear notes, it’s what you expect from a great Chenin Blanc. It has excellent concentration and intensity, which will allow it to age well in bottle.
• The Wine Reserve, Cobham: thewinereserve.co.uk