Top ten things to do in and around Matlock
Located within the Peak District, Matlock has a lot to offer. From gardens to go-karts, there’s something for everyone writes Matt Mosley of www.matlock.co.uk
Amble around Lea Gardens.
Wander through the magnificent collection of rhododendrons in the gardens, just 3 miles from Matlock.
Matlock Park Farm
Explore, play, race and learn on the farm. Meet the animals, race on the go karts and play in the adventure playground before relaxing in the cafe barn.
Crich Tramway Village
Enjoy Crich Tramway Village. Venture through the Woodland Walk and Sculpture Trail, or take a step back in time to the Village Scene, before taking a ride on the tram to the Glory Mine.
- 1 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 2 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 3 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 A positive outlook for the housing market for 2021
- 6 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 7 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 8 18 of the best lockdown takeaways across Yorkshire
- 9 Why Ashbourne needs to be your next family outing
- 10 The ultimate 5-day walk: Along the Derwent Valley Way
Hall Leys Park
Stroll through Hall Leys Park in Matlock. Hall Leys Park is an award-winning park the family will enjoy, with a children’s boating lake and an interactive play area.
Peak District Mining Museum
Visit the Peak District Mining Museum in Matlock Bath. Check out the thousands of artefacts on display, venture into the Temple Mine or spend some time panning for gold.
Stroll beside the Cromford Canal. Soak up the charming scenery, appreciating the peace and quiet whilst sauntering towards Arkwright’s Mill.
Climb through the caves and tunnels of Rowtor or the Druid’s Rocks in Birchover, or drive on and explore the Nine Ladies Bronze Age Stone Circle at nearby Stanton Moor.
Experience Rapid Horizons.
Try rafting, kayaking or tubing along the River Derwent and see Matlock from a different angle.
Visit Lumsdale Valley.
Soak up some of Matlock’s history in the hidden gorge returned to nature whilst walking past the surrounding water mills.
Spend a day at Caudwell’s Mill and Craft Centre.
View some amazing artwork, peruse the jewellery collections or see the talented blacksmith, plus much more, all in a picturesque riverside setting.