Valentine's Day massacred!
The Beehive says "bah – humbug" to roses and romance...
Valentine’s Day massacred!
The Beehive says “bah – humbug” to roses and romance.
Montpellier’s Beehive pub is being decidedly unromantic on Valentine’s Day. The pub’s boss Matt Walker has decided that he is going all anti-Valentine. “I get really annoyed when I have to pay £50 for a bunch of roses on February 14 and then can get the same for half the price the next day. Likewise, with all those price-inflated ‘special’ menus,” he grumbled.
Menus and prices at the pub’s dining room will be the same on Valentine’s Day as on any other, which means that two can dine for just £20 for two courses. In fact, book a table for four on the night of February 14 and Matt will reward you with a complimentary bottle of wine.
And, if you’re single, Matt won’t match-make for you, but he will give you a free drink to drown your sorrows if you dine alone on Valentine’s night at The Beehive.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 3 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 6 Country walks with summer pub gardens in the Cotswolds
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire