Video: the 2015 Devon Home Cook finals
- Credit: Archant
The 2015 Devon Home Cook finals were captured on video by Cotswold TV
The 2015 finals for the Devon Home Cook competition took place at the Bradburys Kitchens/ALNO Marsh Barton showroom where five finalists cooked up a storm over two days.
Each contestant was given just two hours to present a three course menu that celebrated the best of Devon home cooking.
Every cook arrived at the kitchen showroom with family and friends to support them as they cooked the menu that had won them a place in the final.
At the end of the two-hour cooking slot the three dishes were whisked off to the judging room where a trio of chefs, a previous Home Cook winner and Devon Life food editor Susan Clark discussed the merits of each dish.
Finalists were scoredon their cooking skills, the presentation of their finished dishes, the creative use of Devon ingredients and even tidiness in the showroom kitchen.
But they all had to wait until the Devon Food and Drink Awards in November to learn which of them would walk away with the title of Devon Home Cook of the Year 2015.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 6 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 7 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 8 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
Costwolds TV were at the cook-off finals and their video here shows some of the drama and excitement of the day.