The ultimate festive food guide: How to pick and prepare a winning Christmas menu
- Credit: Archant
Whether you’re tackling a turkey and all the trimmings for the first time or you’re a seasoned cook looking to treat the family this Christmas, Booths is here to ensure that excellent food and drink will form a significant part of your celebrations.
Now more than ever, spending time at home with family has become important to us all. To help you ‘be prepared for Christmas’, the team at Booths have created the ultimate guide.
Starters with style
Start as you mean to go on with our wonderful selection of festive starters:
- Booths Stilton Stuffed Mushrooms (2 pack, £2.50) - perfect starter to ease you into the main event.
- Tear and Share Caramelised Onion and Cranberry Bread with Camembert (£6) - an easy but impressive starter or party food option.
- Prawn and Lobster Bisque - indulge in something a bit tasty with this smooth prawn and lobster bisque with double cream. Serves 2 (£4)
- 1 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 2 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 3 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 4 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 5 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 6 Yorkshire Wolds walk - Thixendale to Hanging Grimston
- 7 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 8 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 9 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 10 A positive outlook for the housing market for 2021
Centrepiece of your feast
We have an exciting selection of firm favourite centrepieces and delicious showstoppers this Christmas which are sure to tantalise your taste buds:
- Booths Ultimate Turkey Feast - the perfect pairing for a fuss free, delicious turkey. A succulent British turkey crown centrepiece filled with handmade, gluten-free British pork, sage & onion stuffing. Accompanied by pork & cranberry stuffing wrapped in boneless turkey thighs and encased in dry cured British bacon. Prepared for you using all the best bits for the ultimate turkey feast. Serves 9, (£85)
- Booths Dry Aged Beef, Pork and Venison – a loin of the finest outdoor bred British pork, wrapped in a venison loin and covered with a 21 day dry-aged boneless beef sirloin. Serves 12, (£74)
- Booths Easy Carve British Free-Range Duck - traditionally butchered with handmade gluten-free stuffing. Carving is easy as it has been part de-boned, the bird can be carved along its length, just leaving the succulent drumsticks. Serves 6, (£42.50).
Booths also has some excellent tips on how to cook the turkey.
Vegetarian and vegan options are also available.
Served on the side
Here at Booths, we know that what is served on the side is just as important as the main event. For the tastiest, readily-prepared trimmings:
- Booths Vegetable Box – a premium prepared vegetable bundle containing everything from carrots and King Edward potatoes, to parsnips, sprouts, onions and broccoli. Serves 4 to 6 (£16).
- Mash Direct Prepared Vegetable Box – make Christmas dinner easy with this box containing everything from freshly prepared vegetables, mashed potato and red cabbage to beetroot, honey roast parsnips and baton carrots with orange sauce. Serves 6 to 8, (£20).
Don’t forget dessert
A beautifully decorated cake is a must for the Christmas table - now’s the time to choose yours:
- Booths Sherry and Rum Iced Christmas Cake - a rich, all butter mixed spice sponge packed with vine fruit, mixed peel and drizzled with sherry and rum. Hand decorated with golden marzipan and fondant icing, this classic cake captures all the magic of Christmas. Serves 16 (£18).
- Booths Tiffin Christmas Crackers - Belgian dark and milk chocolate crackers filled with pieces of glace cherries, raisins and shortbread biscuit balls. Individually wrapped in kraft paper and hand tied with a tag for your own personalised festive message, these tiffin crackers are the perfect touch for your table! 6 pack (£7.50)
- Lathams Sticky Toffee Wreath – a combination of sticky toffee and freshly whipped cream encased in a choux wreath. Serves 8 (£13)
We also have a tempting selection of cakes and bakes that are sure to help you finish on a sweet note. Look out for Studio Bakery goodies, handmade in Lancashire.
Make it an easy Christmas with specialty bundles
We also have a selection of readily prepared bundles for a stress free day of easy entertaining and delicious festive food:
- Egg Royale Bundle - start your celebrations in style with this luxurious egg royale bundle including, bagels, Booths Scottish smoked salmon, free range fresh eggs, chives, Hollandaise sauce and a half bottle of Booths Champagne, serves 2 (£22)
- Great Christmas Dinner bundle – back by popular demand, our great Christmas dinner features everything you need to please the family. Either a Booths white turkey crown or an extra matured beef rump Joint, Booths garnish selection pack, Truefoods turkey or beef gravy, Truefoods bread sauce, Booths cranberry sauce, prepared veg box, Booths extra-fruity Christmas pudding, Booths Belgian chocolate sponge pudding and Booths brandy pouring cream. Turkey and beef, serves 6 to 8, (£105)
- Booths Christmas Bites Box - a selection of bites and slices to offer a wonderful festive feast. Includes black forest bites, mini stolen bites, sticky toffee pudding bites, amaretti tiffin bites, iced Christmas cake bites and luxury all butter mince pies (£15)
Committed to supporting local producers and suppliers, and the wider communities it serves, Booths is a well-loved family owned and operated independent supermarket with stores across Lancashire, Yorkshire, Cumbria, Cheshire and Greater Manchester.
Its fresh approach to retailing has earned Booths its rightful place as the UK’s leading regional supermarket. In 2020, Booths was crowned Spirits Retailer of the Year at the Drinks Retailing Awards, Best Supermarket at the Decanter Retailer Awards and Best Supermarket at the People’s Choice Wine Awards.