Brighten up your kitchen
- Credit: Archant
Toast on the run might be the only option during weekdays, but when time allows make a breakfast at home more of a leisurely affair.
1. Hand-made pottery from £14.50 for a saucer to £32 for the toast rack,
Cambridge stripe napkin (pack of four), £18.50, chopping board, £7.95, gingham chair cushion, £26, all from Susie Watson, Tunbridge Wells 01892 521 859, www.susiewatsondesigns.co.uk
2. Antines place mat and coaster, £7.50 and £3.50 respectively, RawXclusive, stockists include Dog & Duck, Cranbrook 01580 712440, The Vintage Home Ltd, Westerham 01959 569393 or visit www.rawxclusive.com.
3. Garden Trading bread bin in clay, £28, www.amara.com.
4. Garden Trading enamel coffee pot in Shutter Blue, £25, www.amara.com.
5. Mini mugs and jugs by Anna Dent, £9, London Skyline cushion by Marli Designs, £45, Art Deco Aztec cushion by Marli Designs, £45, all from www.thetabcollective.com, 0203 5100 822.
- 1 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 2 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 23 cottages that will make you want to move to Surrey
- 5 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 9 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 10 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
6. Palio silver-striped espresso cups, £42, from www.okadirect.com, 0844 815 7380.
7. Sorano Pottery, prices range from £5 for an egg cup to £24 for the teapot, www.okadirect.com, 0844 815 7380
8. Blue tablecloth, £79 LexingtonCompany.com, available at John Lewis and House of Fraser stores.
9. Blue apron, £39 LexingtonCompany.com available at John Lewis and House of Fraser stores.
10. Tamara dining table in natural teak from £1605, Raft, Bromley 0208 2087175, www.raftfurniture.co.uk.
11. This fun egg and soldiers egg cup, £45, is hand carved in a workshop near Canterbury, www.theoakandropecompany.co.uk
12. The Coffee Pod Rack is £115 from www.theoakandropecompany.co.uk is hand carved from oak in a workshop near Canterbury.
13. The Linen by Denby range comes in cream and white and is versatile enough for entertaining or breakfast time; small shallow bowl, £8.75, cereal bowl, £9.25, mug, £9.25.
Available from Fenwick, Canterbury 01227 766866, Collingwood Batchellor, Tunbridge Wells 01892 542297 or visit www.denby.co.uk
14. Set the table with the Halo range by Denby, which is suitable for dishwashers, microwaves, oven and freezer, from £6.75 for an egg cup up to £61.25 for a teapot. Visit www.denby.co.uk or call 01773 740899.
15. Silver-plated vintage spoon, £18 from www.theletteroom.com
16. Holly Lasseter’s pretty new Natural World mugs are £9 each, www.hollylasseterdesigns.co.uk.
17. Dualit stoneware toaster, £84.50 and matching jug kettle, £69.95 both available from John Lewis, Bluewater 01322 624123 or visit www.johnlewis.com.
18. Original Artisan Kitchen with dovetail jointed, soft-closing drawers from £17,500, John Lewis of Hungerford, Tunbridge Wells showroom 01892 511355, www.john-lewis.co.uk