5 virtual tours of Yorkshire gardens in the National Garden Scheme
- Credit: Archant
The National Garden Scheme have launched a campaign to allow you to experience the stunning gardens across the country via video. We’ve picked the featured gardens in Yorkshire.
Join Louise for a walk a tour around the 150-year-old garden at Fawley House.
The tiered, 2½ acre garden with lawns, mature trees, formal hedging and gravel pathways.
Enjoy the exhilarating views from the steeply sloping site in the Pennines with owners Elizabeth and David Smith.
It’s clear to see why Snape House represented Yorkshire as a regional finalist in the The English Garden’s 2019 The Nation’s Favourite Gardens award.
- 1 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 2 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 3 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 4 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 5 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 6 Yorkshire Wolds walk - Thixendale to Hanging Grimston
- 7 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 8 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 9 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
Join Debbie Simpson and her husband John around their garden at Highfield Cottage with it’s tranquil stream-side setting, bluebell walk and beautiful borders.
They have a selection of wonderful and inventive topiary creations, from elephants to squirrel shapes.
Stillingfleet Lodge Garden and Nursery is a wildlife friendly family garden close to York.
Described as a quintessentially English garden, it is first and foremost a family garden, lovingly planted-up over 40 years by owners Vanessa and John Cook.
Whixley, North Yorkshire
Join Garden Owner, Biddy Marshall as she walks you round her garden at the Old Vicarage as it begins to blossom, telling you of her sources of inspiration and her aspirations in making the garden.
You can see the pretty parish church on one side and views out to the old deer park of the old Whixley Hall estate on another.
To view virtual garden tours from the country, go to ngs.org.uk