Botanical Magic in Longridge
- Credit: Archant
There’s a real sense of calm when you walk into Helen Cartmell’s shop.
There’s a real sense of calm when you walk into Helen Cartmell’s shop. Whether it’s the trickling water from the fountain, the glow from the salt lamps, or the scent of incense mixed with the gentle aroma of candles, a wave of relaxation washes over you and you can’t help but feel happy.
‘Everything in the shop is designed to uplift the soul. It’s all ethically sourced and natural,’ said Helen, who opened the store of her namesake eight months ago. The former freelance florist wanted to combine her two passions, floristry and yoga, into one business for a totally holistic experience.
So, as well as the beautiful bouquets, Helen creates, her signature range which often includes hydrangeas, peonies, roses and freesia. She also hires out local halls to teach yoga classes and stocks a range of inspirational gifts and homewear.
‘They’re all different branches of me; I didn’t want it just to be flowers. I’ve got a passion for the holistic side of things and have loved yoga since my early 20s.
‘Nowadays, people are looking for prevention rather than a cure, so items like my salt lamps and crystals have been really popular. Quite a few therapists around Longridge use them so their clients have been coming here to get their own.’
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 Win a diamond ring worth £1,000
- 3 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 4 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 5 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 6 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 7 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 8 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 9 Win a watercolour painting of Gosfield by artist James Merriott
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District