These Suffolk handcrafted leather goods have a true WoW factor
- Credit: Walls of Walsham
The Walls family of Walsham have combined their entrepreneurial talents to create a bright new company during lockdown.
A Suffolk family has put their entrepreneurial expertise to use during lockdown and created a new company selling traditonally handcrafted, luxury leather goods called WoW.
WoW is the brainchild of the Walls of Walsham, a family with a history of heritage craft skills. Thrown together by 2020’s extraordinary circumstances, they decided to combine Peter Wall’s reputation for excellence in the leather education industry, Susan’s experience in design, branding and interiors, Irene’s project management and Christopher’s passion for networking to create a distinctive, stylish range of personal and home accessories.
The bags, briefcases, tablet cases, key fobs, storm lanterns, glass and pitcher holders are all made using the finest British saddlery leathers and solid brass and chrome fittings. They’re also produced in small batches so people can enjoy owning something rare, completely hand-made and unique.
As Susan Wall says: “Our range has been described as ‘Ralph Lauren with British country cool’ – and we are very happy with such a comparison.
“At the core of WoW is understanding the enduring desire for good craftsmanship combined with our love for the beauty of leather and how it can enhance a design. Underpinning everything we do is the desire to bring a bit of WoW to everything we produce, one that we hope will have our designs standing out in the cost stylish of homes for many years to come. Timeless, elegant and striking.”
To find out more go to facebook.com/wallsofwalsham and instagram walls_of_walsham
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 Win a diamond ring worth £1,000
- 3 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 4 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 5 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 6 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 7 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 8 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 9 Win a watercolour painting of Gosfield by artist James Merriott
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District